Looking for feedback for DR plan

  • From: Henry Poras <hrp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:14:54 -0400

OK guys, just looking for some opinions and feedback here. We have a minor
disagreement at work and I am trying to see where you weigh in. I’ll try to
present this in as unbiased a manner as possible.

The main question is how long should it take to roll out a DR environment
given:

   -

   we currently have a physical standby running
   -

   no knowledge of RPO or RTO
   -

   incomplete knowledge of type of application connections to DB
   -

   incomplete knowledge of number of applications connecting to DB
   -

   incomplete knowledge of upstream and downstream feeds/connections to DB
   -

   unknown whether failover requires failover of entire application stack
   or not
   -

   homegrown failover scripts (currently being used in another environment)
   are being proposed
   -

   no testing plan in place as of yet.

How much time would you allocate to getting this up and running? Any other
comments on this proposal?

Thanks.

Henry