Long term AWR retention

  • From: "Teehan, Mark" <mark.teehan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:24:39 +0800

I  am considering increasing AWR retention from the default 7 days to a
longer period; possibly 60 days. A longer cycle fits in better with
systems that have monthly reporting cycles. Apart from increased space
use in sysaux, leading to longer full backup times; I cannot think of
any other negative effects. All AWR base tables are range partitioned;
and I trust that all queries accessing them are configured to partition
prune properly.

I cannot find any evidence in MOS or the interwebs that this could be a
bad thing to do: has anyone been burned by this before?

Thanks!
Mark Teehan
Singapore

disclaimer: