Re: "Long" hostnames, Oracle 9+10 and HP-UX

  • From: Uwe Küchler <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 13:12:25 +0100

Hi Sandeil,

this is interesting. The resolved address makes me assume that your
server's networking isn't configured at all...
- do you use DNS in your network?
- have you configured /etc/hosts ?
- can you reach your server from other machines using its name (like
"ping oracleebsprod")?
- what does "ifconfig" return?

Regards,
Uwe