Re: "Long" hostnames, Oracle 9+10 and HP-UX

  • From: "Martin Bach" <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Uwe Küchler" <uwe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 18:19:04 +0000

Hi Uwe,

I have seen problems with long hostnames when creating a DB console. There is a
note on metalink how to fax this, it basically means hacking one of the
supplied scripts emca uses.

Oh yes, don't use underscore characters either, that causes trouble as well.
It's bit an Oracle problem but rather the correct implementation of a RFC.

Regards,

Martin

Martin Bach

Oracle Certified Master 10g