RE: Long connect time when one node in RAC goes down

  • From: "freek D'Hooge" <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 00:30:25 +0200

Hi,

Can you post the output of the lsnrctl status command?
What I would like to see is which ip address is used by an instance to
registrate to the remote listener. It could be that your session was
connection at node 1, but was redirected to node 2 (due to server load
balancing), but was given the real address of node 2 instead of the vip
address.

Controlling which ip will be used (real or vip) is done via the
local_listener parameter.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime