Logical Standby from RAC to single instance

  • From: dd yakkali <dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:45:04 -0400

hello everyone,

I had setup Physical Standby on Oracle 10g earlier but never on a RAC
environment and not a logical standby

Here is what I have
2 node 10gR2 RAC on solaris 10 using 11g CRS & 11g ASM

I want to setup a single instance logical standby for the above RAC
database.

Here are my questions regarding logical standby.

1) Is absolutely needed that every table in the database to have either a PK
or UK?
2) when I use the RMAN to duplicate the target database for standby, in the
init.ora of the standby do I have to say cluster_database=false
    and once I open the database do I drop second thread and second undo
tablespace?

I googled for pointers but could not get a lot of help. There is a MAA paper
about standby RAC for a Primary RAC.

Can any one point to a step by step process.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
deen