Logical Standby backups

  • From: "L. Vitt" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 17:02:27 -0400

Although I have been able to find information for physical DG, I've not been
able to find very much information specificially related to logical standby
suggestions.   Our standby is not backed up and if we had an issue the plan is
it could just be rebuilt from the primary.   Not sure how to deal with the
archivelogs the standby is generating though and we want to leave it in
archivelogmode.   Does anyone have any suggestions on best practices for this
type of scenario?    Would running a delete from cron be acceptable?   Does
anybody have a command they have succesfully used for this particular scenario?