Logical Standby Question

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:41:34 +0000

We've built a logical standby database for a pile of folks here who want an "up
to the second" copy of their primary database for a portal application that
really can kill the primary database.  Now we're looking at recovery and
restoration efforts if needed.  I'm making the assumption that we'll need to
recover both the primary and standby databases to the same point in time, but
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever come up against this int eh past.
All ideas welcome.
Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Leader