RE: Locally Managed Tablespaces

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:24:22 -0500

Yes, use LMT's

Try to choose a small number of extent sizes.  Best if you can separate
large from small.

Read the SAME Algorithm paper.

More than a few hundred extents are not bad - read Oracle Perf. Tuning
101 and the myriad of other statements from experienced Oracle dba's
about this myth - that multiple extents are bad.  They are not!  The
advantages of LMT's and uniform extents and a small number of extent
sizes are many. =20

=20