Re: Locally Managed Tablespaces

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rlsmith@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:13:20 -0700

If you have tables of vastly different sizes you may be better off with
system managed extent sizes.

storage parameters in table create statements are not all ignored when
using LMT. The initial parameter is obeyed in as much as Oracle will
allocate enough extents to satisfy the initial size request, and for
system managed allocation that means that the extent size escalation
kicks in immediately. I.e. if you ask for several meg initial 64K extent
sizes and possibly higher ones will be skipped for that table. If that
initial size request is approximately accurate (that's an oxymoron,
isn't it) that's what you'd want anyways.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation