Re: Locally Managed Tablespaces

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 14:05:32 -0700

I do not overly worry about the number of extents either - at least not
as long as I can grasp them with one look without having to divide them
into groups of 3. What I do worry about is the rate at which extents get
added and if you have transaction tables (as opposed to more static
setup or warehouse type tables) you likely have a growth pattern which
is correlated to the size (or probably more accurately vice versa). I
like to size the uniform extents such that a growing table adds between
1-30 extents per month (anywhere between once a month and once a day,
although the latter is already too much for my liking).

I'll have to read that ask tom link.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling