Re: Lob Performance

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 07:32:20 -0500

Well, no doubt it varies by Oracle version, but my observations are that lob
performance isn't very good. My personal, un-benchmarked observation is that
lob io is takes between 2 and 4 times longer than IO on regular columns.
Once again, I did not perform a test on this, its strictly a personal
observation primarily based on imp/exp experience.

--
Andrew W. Kerber