re: Load and Query question

  • From: "Shreeni" <shreeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Oracle Discussion List'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:58:14 -0500

Sure....We have two instance of each table. One is trunc-reload daily and
the other a pseudo history table which is insert only. There is a huge push
to implement async-CDC shortly so that we load only deltas. Our team is not
in the loop as it is not seen as DBA related !!

Promise me you wont laugh at this. All the descriptive columns are NOT NULL.
So they default to a single space. These minus queries are written with trim
and NVL functions...so though we have proper indexes in place most of the
time the queries perform badly....The list goes on...

Thanks
Shreeni