Re: Load XML into relational stucture

  • From: "Ryan" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oraclel@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:50:04 -0500

i am assuming you need the data parsed and then inserted into the
appropriate tables. you have two options, use an oracle external table and
insert it into the database, then parse it when its in the database.

use java sax or a third party api called jdom to parse it outside the
database, then insert it into the appropriate tables.

do not use java dom. this loads the entire file into memory. will use too
much ram.

whether you choose to do this in the database or without, you will need
multiple threads.