Re: Litchfield on October patch

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:12:23 +0200

Do not get me wrong.
I am not installing Oracle on servers. I find that reading the list is much more fun and educational, but:
I gave the sysadmins a script that install Oracle, then copy the template and then use DBCA to create a database.
All this is done via silent installs by the sysadmins.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:

I'm an old dinosaur.  I still create scripts and run them through
sqlplus.

Besides, in our environment, we never have direct access to the server.
It is locked away from the DBA's.  I know I can use Cygwin.  But why
bother.  DBCA is just a gui tool that is not needed!

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l