RE: Listener under ASM or db?

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tim Gorman" <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:48:53 -0500

Thanks Tim.  For some reason I was thinking that with ASM, each request
involving storage would use the listener to start new connections to the
ASM instance.  Guess I could have run a few tests on that first (which I
did just now).

I'm in the process of configuring 9 more servers for 10.2.0.4 & ASM and
wanted to be PAINFULLY aware of all details.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA |   A c x i o m  M I C S / C S O

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax