Listener IP port registered to nCube?

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:25:22 -0500

Hey all,

In 10gR2, I want multiple listeners for multiple OHs.  So I fire up one
on port 1522 and one on port 1523.  When I check netstat, I don't see
either, but I see that those ports are reserved to "Ricardo North
America License Manager" and "cichild", respectively, in /etc/services.
I also see that the 1521 default listener port is registered to "nCube
License Manager".  Huh?  A google search seems to back these up multiple
times.  I also can't find any recommended alternate port numbers in the
10gR2 Net docs or MetaLink, except for the GIOP ones, which appear to be
properly registered.  And I don't see much else in /etc/services about
Oracle ports that I could use as alternate port numbers.

This never occurred to me before, because the /etc/services file in HPUX
11.11 appears to be a woeful subset of the registered ports.  So what do
folks use?  Is it a big deal to use these?  Any thoughts as to
customizing /etc/services on AIX 5.3 to match what Oracle does?

TIA!
Rich