Linux ps command

  • From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:30:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi List,

If I run "ps" on Solaris or on SuSE Linux 7.2 I see the Oracle background
processes under the command heading containing the SID, eg. "ora_smon_MYSID" or
"oracleMYSID (LOCAL=NO)".  If I do the same under SuSE Linux 8.2 I just get
"[oracle]", no process name and no SID.

I know I can cross-reference process id's with V$PROCESS but it's a lot easier
if this information is already in ps.  Is there some way to get SuSE 8.2 to
behave like 7.2 (or Solaris) in this regard?

Thanks
- Charlotte

 Meet the all-new My Yahoo! ? Try it today!