Re: Linux Vs Solari

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:37:12 -0400

Pete Sharman wrote:

Well, one thing you might want to take into account is that the DB, and some parts (soon to be all parts) of AS10g and OCS are now developed on RedHat. Means earlier access to code and less porting issues.

It's not that hard, either! Linux is at the same point where Solaris was with the version 2.6: mainly stable. I must say that I enjoy
Linux more then Solaris because of its open source nature. Any chance that Oracle Corp. will publish a source of its database?
Don't answer that, I believe I can come up with answer myself. It involves pigs doing Immelman manouvres.

-- Mladen Gogala Oracle DBA