RE: Linux RAC and asynch io/IO slaves

  • From: "Ron Rogers" <RROGERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:03:47 -0500

Chris,
 I found this white paper from metalink to be helpful.

Asynchronous I/O (aio) on RedHat Advanced Server
Version 2.1 - 3.0    (Note:225751.1)

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=225751.1

Ron

>>> "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 01/14/2005 1:05:03 PM >>>
Everything I have read advocates aio on RHAS 3.0.

I have heard also it can cause crashes and corruption, but found no
meat
to that statement no open bugs for 9205/9206 on rhas 3.0
Anyone with any hard facts as to real issues or successes?
Anyone done an IO slave implementation in Linux/RAC?
IO slaves in many ways are more robust and multi purpose than asych IO
functionality...but I'm wondering how that performs with RAC.

Yes, I would and will test either or both before consideration with
prod,
but looking for others insights if they have been down the road.
--
..
David