RE: Linux RAC and asynch io/IO slaves

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:05:03 -0800 (PST)

Everything I have read advocates aio on RHAS 3.0.

I have heard also it can cause crashes and corruption, but found no meat
to that statement no open bugs for 9205/9206 on rhas 3.0
Anyone with any hard facts as to real issues or successes?
Anyone done an IO slave implementation in Linux/RAC?
IO slaves in many ways are more robust and multi purpose than asych IO
functionality...but I'm wondering how that performs with RAC.

Yes, I would and will test either or both before consideration with prod,
but looking for others insights if they have been down the road.
--
..
David

--