Re: Linux JDBC problem

  • From: "Sylvester, Peter A." <peters@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:58:18 -0500

I would check to see what version of the JDBC driver you are using and
how the application is configured to find it. Generally its done
through the CLASSPATH environment variable, which lists directories to
go looking for "jar" (and potentially "zip") files. The driver file is
typically named something like "ojdbc14.jar", older versions simetimes
were called "classes12.zip" or "classes12.jar". I suspect it might be
using the incorrect driver or it might be running into an older one and
grabbing that one first.

Once you find the JDBC jar file, you can temporarily rename it to
something.zip, open with winzip, and look at the "Manifest.mf" file,
which will contain the release information.

Also need to consider if its using "thin" or "OCI" mode. For OCI you
need to look at the client settings too (tnsnames.ora, TNS_ADMIN
setting, etc).

Also, what error are you getting back from  the Java program?
Might want to write a very simple Java program that just tries to
connect and dumps out a stack trace and the Exception error message on
failure, if it does not provide that already.

--Peter