Re: Linux Hardening

  • From: Ronan Merrick <merrickronan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: georgelza@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:32:54 +0000

Hi George,

Not a white paper but a couple of things I would normally do on servers I'm
responsible for would be:

Configure ssh access by IP
Disable root access over ssh
Specify accounts and IPs for AllowUsers in sshd_config
Change the default ssh port
Set up iptables rules restricting access by port and machine/subnet
Set up tcp wrappers
Set up logwatch
Set up an IDS like Tripwire

Ronan