- From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Noveljic Nenad <nenad.noveljic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 15:43:39 +0100
Definitely Oracle Linux 7. There should be a UEK for OL8 coming in the next
few months, and I imagine certification will follow, but for now you should
- VMware : Very good. We use it for almost everything. Fully supported etc.
Recent announcements of "VMware Cloud Foundation on Oracle Cloud", may
finally put to rest the bullsh*t. :)
- OVM : This is "parked" now. Oracle still support it, and it still comes
installed on old Exadata stuff. It's not the current recommendation though.
- KVM : Oracle now recommend this. Oracle products are supported. Latest
Exadata with persistent memory and RoCE comes with KVM, not OVM.
If you want to go free, go KVM.
Other related posts: