Re: Linux

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 14:46:18 -0400

On 10/9/19 12:38 PM, Sayan Malakshinov wrote:

We had some problems with OVM agents few years ago(we had to change IP addresses of ovm servers and VMs on them, but couldn't connect to agents after that) , and only OVM developers from oracle could find and troubleshoot those 2 bugs,so ovm is really difficult for troubleshooting and I'd try to avoid to use ovm too, but unfortunately oracle allows to reduce license costs with hard partitioning on ovm only, not on VMware, VirtualBox, hyperv, etc. Ovm is so not stable that every time I reconfigure ovm, I'm affraid it can fail and stop working...

Hi Sayan!

To rephrase this a bit, I would say that OVM is not a boring product. You access it with trepidation and a tingling sensation each time you need to configure something. VMWare and Hyper-V, on the other hand, are boring products which do exactly what their respective manuals says they do. OVM makes your life interesting and you don't even have to pay for the excitement!

Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant