Re: Link to RMAN alternate host restore

  • From: Andy Rivenes <arivenes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rlsmith@xxxxxxx, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:04:07 -0700

Metalink has info on this, and I believe the documentation does as well, although it's been quite a while since I looked into this. I have attached an example in a pdf file, which probably won't make it to the list. If restoring to different mount points, then you should also look at the init.ora parameters "control_files", "log_file_name_convert", and "db_file_name_convert".

At 07:03 AM 8/22/2005, Smith, Ron L. wrote:

I need to restore our production database to a new server. I have RMAN (9i) backups on disk, but the original server is not available. No catalog was used.
Can anyone point be to any instructions on doing this?

Thanks!
Ron

Important Notice!
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use, distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received this message by mistake,
then delete the e-mail message.
Thank you.

Andy Rivenes
Email: arivenes@xxxxxxxx