Re: Limit public table access

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 22:23:06 -0400

What exactly is granted to public? What would you like to limit the access to? And no, there is no way to prevent users from seeing things granted to public. Things granted to public are visible to every DB user. That's SQL standard. You may revoke things from PUBLIC, but whatever is granted to public is visible to everybody.

On 3/12/19 1:56 PM, Jeff Chirco wrote:

Ok so we have a reporting tool for users that uses their Oracle account. When the first connect to it and get a table list they see all tables they have access to through PUBLIC. This obvisouly confuses them and I would like to remove this. I've tested removing objects from public but that didn't go well when it came time to patch the database. A bunch of things failed. Oracle must want things granted to public for a reason. But is there another way around to prevent some users from seeing public?

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Mladen Gogala