RE: Licensing costs

  • From: "Hostetter, Jay M" <JHostetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:05:27 -0500

We've taken databases that don't need the database options and moved
them to servers running Standard Edition or Standard Edition One.

What options does your quote include?  List price for Enterprise Edition
and RAC comes to (by my math):

$40k EE * 4 processors * 2 cores * 0.5 (core factor for Intel) = $160k
$20k RAC * 4 processors * 2 cores * 0.5 = $80k.

Jay