Library Cache question

  • From: Martin Brown <martinfbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:12:58 -0500

GM,
   I have question for the performance people. I am experimenting with
dbms_shared_pool.keep and packages, sequences, triggers & functions (no cursors
-YET). Looking at the AWRs over a 24 hour period, I see very high miss rates
for SQL AREA namespace. Looking at v$db_object_cache, I see a high number of
cursors that are not kept.
   Is it possible that the % miss, reloads & invalidations are because of the
cursors? Unfortunately, our developers ar not fans of bind variables either.

This is a 2-node 10.2.0.3 RAC cluster used exclusively for training new
employees and X-training current employees, so it's not really a lot of
traffic.

Statistics from AWR:

Node 1:
Library Cache Activity