RE: Learning Oracle on Windows

  • From: "Spears, Brian" <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ChrisStephens@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:05:10 -0400

 I have recently added Windows oracle on NT as well again. I used to work
with them 2 years ago but the memory is a tad foggy.

Does any one have any cheat sheet summary of the Windows oriented
administration commands..

 Like:
   dos window,  set ORACLE_SID=<oracle_sid>
                set ORACLE_HOME=<path eg. D:\oracle\ora81>
                exp.bat files par.files

     oradim utility
     The services that get started.. Ones you don't need etc.
     The ora_dba group that administrator needs to be in and so on..

Would be much appreciated... Even if it is not complete.  As I ramp up, I
will create a nice cheat sheet to share with those who want it.

 Books are ok but I am looking to see if someone has condensed it all down.

Brian