Re: Ldap command in Oracle 10g Database

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:23:05 -0500

When we played with it a while ago (under 9.2, I believe), our research
showed that this was not supported, nor could we get the Oracle ldap
commands to work against a 3rd party directory service. Granted, we did not
try very hard, either. =) However, since the Oracle ldap commands are built
around the LDAP standard (P does stand for Protocol), the architecture of
the beast is compliant with OpenLDAP (or any other flavor you might like).
That LDAP stuff is an entirely different language for us.

On 9/18/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Can we use ldapadd and other ldap command to add entries to OpenLDAP or it
is only meant for OID

Thanks
Sanjay

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone
Calls<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>to
 the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

--
Charles Schultz