Re: Latest recommendation for asmlib + number of LUNs

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 08:44:04 -0500

Resending due to overquoting:
Redhat now has something it calls kmod-oracleasm, which it lists as the
(open-source (GPL) kernel module package).  I am not sure exactly how that
works into the whole equation, perhaps someone who knows more about open
source than I can explain it, but it looks to me like Redhat has some
oracleasm support...

<SNIP

> > I forgot to mention that we will be using the UEK version of Oracle =
>> Linux so <I think> the patching is a non-issue.
>> > Thanks for the links and input from everyone.
>> >=20<SNIP
>>
> --
Andrew W. Kerber