Re: Laptop for Lots of VMs

  • From: Vit Spinka <vit.spinka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:11:03 +0100

Do you need CD/DVD drive on your laptop? If not (or just "almost
never"), just replace it in the media bay by a second HDD.
I'm running similar configuration to that you are trying to achieve, on
a Thinkpad T400s - upgraded to 8GB RAM and 500GB HDD in media bay. It
came with 128GB internal SSD and features an eSATA port in case you need
a third disk:-) All that weighs less than 1.8kg, but if you don't mind
about the weight, I believe you can get similar configuration for much
less than those 2000EUR I paid, a lot of laptops can support 8GB and
have a media bay.

Vit