RE: LOB's -- How Many Out of Line?

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Larry Elkins' <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxx>, "Gogala, Mladen" <MGogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:00:15 -0500

You specifically mentioned both 8i and 9i, which lead me to the DBMS_LOB
instead of length. That is the only way that I am aware of to find out which
LOBs "oozed" to the LOB tablespace. I have no magic bullet. As a matter of
fact, I don't have any ammo whatsoever. I use sticks and stones to break
bones.
I would never say that it is the only way, I say that this is the only way I
know of. There may be others with more thorough knowledge of Oracle and
firearms on this list.
--
Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121