RE: LOB indexes and impdp

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:17:05 -0500

Thanks,

I love it.  I've come to the point where if you ask someone to look over you
shoulder and it just starts working, then great, I'm done... even if I had to
change a character.

My index name disappearing on the LOB is just a claring example of something
standing out in my output where nothing should be listed.   My script covers
all kinds of objects and in this case covers many dictionary views.  The index
name was but one.

I figure if you can name it, then oracle should keep it.  If not, why not?  Is
it 'fixed' in 11g, 12g?

I can 'duplicate' the database which I normally do, and everything is correct,
Datapump should not be taking upon itself to ignore names one was able to
create, and painstakingly took the time to name.   It's like painting an
object, and your apprentice who duplicates it, has decided that flat white is
easier and goes with it.   It still functions, but is not as professional.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546