Re: LOB columns and migrated rows

  • From: "hitender chugh" <chughhk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:08:46 -0500

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_dbazine_9i_multiblock.htm

In this article the same author has discussed mutiple block sizes/buffers to reduce I/O and chaining and other issues. I want to know people's suggestions on this to mitigate chaining and boost I/O

Thanks

From:  Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: LOB columns and migrated rows
Date:  Fri, 3 Feb 2006 07:53:38 -0800 (PST)

Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Multiple block sizes are normally used to plug in tablespaces from another database,
typically from an OLTP to DW. It's much faster then export and import. Multiple
block sizes are practically useless for anything else.
--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com

Had heard that using larger block sizes for index, will improve performance as per

Is having a larger block size set up for indexes only worthwhile.

Thanks

Joseph Amalraj

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l