RE: LOB Operation and SQL*Net Message From Client and cursor #0

  • From: "Larry Elkins" <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Yong Huang'" <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 19:27:57 -0500

Maybe there for future uses, or maybe a specific configuration for our
environment limiting it to 255 and other clients of theirs
use more than 255. Regardless, I can see where someone could make the decision
to use an NCLOB for something like "comments" so more
than 4000 characters could be used. Just don't know the reason behind it being
there right now. I'm sure they have a good reason ;-)

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cell: 214.695.8605

--