Re: LOB Operation and SQL*Net Message From Client and cursor #0

  • From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:23:35 -0700

Yong,
It might be true that you should avoid LOBs for smaller-than-~4K
character strings prior to 11g, but SecureFiles LOBs in 11g is designed
to solve those performance issues. Have you seen similar issues with
SecureFiles LOBs in 11g?

-KJ

*Kevin Jernigan*        (650) 607-0392 (o)
*Senior Director Product Management*    (415) 710-8828 (m)
kevin.jernigan@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kevin.jernigan@xxxxxxxxxx>
*Advanced Compression - ACO*:   *Information Lifecycle Management* - ILM
   Advanced Row Compression     *Temporal database* (Total Recall etc)
   Advanced LOB Compression     *SecureFiles*
   Advanced LOB Deduplication   *Database File System* - DBFS
   RMAN Backup Compression      *Direct NFS Client* - dNFS
   Data Pump Export Compression         *CloneDB*
   Data Guard Redo Network Transport Compression        *Database Resource
Manager* - DBRM
   Flashback Data Archive History Table Optimization    *Continuous Query
Notification* - CQN
*Hybrid Columnar Compression* - HCC     *Index Organized Tables* - IOT
*Database Smart Flash Cache*    *OISP*