RE: LOB Operation and SQL*Net Message From Client and cursor #0

  • From: "Larry Elkins" <elkinsl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 06:45:43 -0500

With this being vendor code, probably pretty tough to get the client changed
the way you describe. The opnet tool the other folks
are using is supposed to be able to measure client processing time versus time
on the network, etc. They are showing some client
time, but not a whole lot. In other words, and I don't have the numbers in
front of me, let's say they are showing 10% client think
time, <1% actually on the network, they are then attributing the remaining time
to the DB, which we don't see in the DB. Will do
some more tests today.

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cell: 214.695.8605