LMT's with autoallocate

  • From: "Hand, Michael T" <HANDM@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:14:15 -0500

I understand the change in extent size as segments get larger in LMT's with
autoallocate, but read on a 3rd-party application web site that the smaller
extent sizes (8M, 1M, 64K) are used if there isn't enough freespace for 64M
extent.  My experiments so far (using allocate extent and table insertion)
have shown that if there is not 64M of freespace, the process errors out.
Has anybody heard of this "feature", and under what conditions it manifests
itself?  Or is this unnamed 3rd party smoking something?  The platform is
Tru64 using 9.2.0.5.

Thanks,
Mike Hand

--
This transmission is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and
may contain information that is proprietary, confidential and/or legally