RE: LISTENER problems

  • From: "Pete Sharman" <pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 08:46:12 +1000

Gus

The obvious problem is the (HOST=) line. However, you had the host mentioned
on the previous line, which may be a red herring. A couple of things I would
try/ See if there are any process names like “tns” left around (ps –ef | grep
tns). If so, kill them. Also, try swapping the host names in your
listener.ora to IP addresses. If that works, it would likely be a DNS
configuration issue. If it doesn’t, send me the listener.ora (offline if you
like) so I can have a further look at it.

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: <tel:+61262924095> +61262924095 | | Fax: <fax:+61262925183>
+61262925183 | | Mobile: +61414443449
Email: <mailto:pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx> pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx Twitter:
@SharmanPete LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman
Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

_____

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

_____