RE: LIOs on INSERT?

  • From: Patty.Charlebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:14:22 -0500

There are 18 LIOs per insert=2E
There are 3 indexes on the table, none are functional=2E

Using you formula I should have 10 LIOs per table so yes, my number is=20=
bigger than the simple calculation=2E

Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@yahoo=2Ecom>=20=
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@freelists=2Eorg
2005/02/10 11:18 AM
Please respond to
zoran_martic@yahoo=2Ecom

Patty=2ECharlebois@greenshield=2Eca
cc
oracle-l@freelists=2Eorg
Subject
RE: LIOs on INSERT?

Hi Patty,

How many LIOs per one insert do you have?
How many indexes do you have on the table?
Hope no functional indexes :)

Simple algorithm for LIO for simple insert should be =3D
N*M + X

where N =3D number of indexes
M =3D depth level (usually up to 4 on big tables)
X =3D number of blocks the insert can fit into (1 for
normal size row)

Is your number bigger then with this simple formula?

Regards,
Zoran Martic

--- Patty=2ECharlebois@greenshield=2Eca wrote:

> The only constraint on this table is a primary key
> constraint to ensure=3D20=3D
> uniqueness=3D2E
>=20=

=20=
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!=20=
http://my=2Eyahoo=2Ecom=20=
=20=

--
http://www=2Efreelists=2Eorg/webpage/oracle-l

This e-mail is confidential, intended solely for the use of the
recipient(s) to whom it was addressed=2E If you have received it
in error, please do not copy or distribute this e-mail=2E We ask
that you notify us immediately by replying to the sender and
then delete this e-mail=2E E-mail sent or received over the
internet may not be secure=2E You should use caution when sending
e-mail messages containing private and confidential information
or consider other secure means to send the information=2E If you
have any questions regarding the authenticity or security of
e-mail you have received from Green Shield Canada please do not
hesitate to contact us at 1-800-265-5615=2E

Please visit us at our website:  http://www=2Egreenshield=2Eca

Ce message de courriel est confidentiel et s=92adresse uniquement
=E0 la personne ou =E0 l=92organisme indiqu=E9(e)=2E  Si vous l=92avez re=E7u
par erreur, veuillez ne pas copier ni distribuer ce message de
courriel=2E  Nous vous demandons de nous aviser imm=E9diatement en
r=E9pondant =E0 l=92exp=E9diteur, puis en supprimant ce message=2E Les
messages envoy=E9s ou re=E7us par courriel pourraient ne pas =EAtre
s=E9curis=E9s=2E  Vous devriez =EAtre prudent lorsque vous envoyez des
messages de courriel contenant des renseignements confidentiels
et priv=E9s ou songer =E0 prendre d=92autres moyens s=E9curis=E9s pour
envoyer les renseignements=2E  Si vous avez des questions concernant
l=92authenticit=E9 ou la s=E9curit=E9 d=92un courriel que vous avez re=E7u de
Green Shield Canada, n=92h=E9sitez pas =E0 communiquer avec nous au
1-800-265-5615=2E

Visitez notre site Web:  http://www=2Egreenshield=2Eca