Re: LD_PRELOAD problem

  • From: Remigiusz SokoÅowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exriscer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:44:58 +0200

LS Cheng wrote:

> Hi Rich
>
> The database is 9.2.0.7 <http://9.2.0.7> 64 bit HP-UX 11.11.
>
> The batch process basically does this
>
> ---
> export LD_PRELOAD=/sbl/xxx.sl
>
> sqlplus /nolog << ! > /dev/null
> @yyyy.sql
> !
>
> execute some application specific program
> --
>
> This worked in 8i but in 9i when sqlplus is executed we get the magic
> number error. I understand that in 8i 32bit library was located in
> $ORACLE_HOME/lib and 64bit in $ORACLE_HOME/lib64, in 9i this has been
> reversed, $ORACLE_HOME/lib32 32 bit and 64 bit $ORACLE_HOME/lib. This
> is the only change I can think about with 32 bit <-> 64 bit issue.
>
> However when I unset LD_PRELOAD sqlplus works but of course the
> application specific program fails.
>
> Do you think if this can be corrected byI recompiling xxx.sl
> <http://xxx.sl> ?
>
> Thanks

I'm not sure if it is relevant (I've never used HP), but on Solaris
LD_PRELOAD seems to be used for loading 32-bit libraries while
LD_PRELOAD_64 for loading 64-bit libraries

May be on HP it works in similar way and You need to use
LD_PRELOAD_64 variable for loading right library (of course it needs to
be 64-bit)

--
Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>