Knowing Oracle better than Oracle [was RE: odd error]

  • From: "Schultz, Charles" <sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:03:26 -0500

One of the things I love about this list is that not only do some really
sharp and experienced folks dwell here, but they are willing to share
from their depths of knowledge and help expose Oracle internals to us
lesser beings. Some do this by way of inference, scientifically or
otherwise. Others either used to work for Oracle or still do and drop
golden nuggets every once in a while. I have to admit it is tempting to
want to find a kernel guy and pick his brain sometime. =) I am sure
there is a gag-order or NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that Oracle
Employees have to swear their life to, which makes the pearls that one
finds here all the more worthwhile.

Thanks to all you who share for the benefit for the rest of us.

charles schultz
oracle dba
aits - adsd
university of illinois