RE: Know anyone?

  • From: Magnus Andersen <Magnus.Andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'mkb' <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:28:35 -0400

1. Iostat looks good. Vmstat indicated memory contention, because RedHat
cache has it all.
2. Sar indicates that all looks good.
3. Been all over it and used it together with Oracle docs to setup server.
4. Great script and I am going to use it next spike.  Thanks.

Also, I have sarcheck installed on the server and the analysis from it is
that the server can support a substantial increase in workload before
impending CPU, memory, or disk bottlenecks.

I've tried to tune the vm parameters and it help changing the pagecache
parameter to '1 2 7' instead of default '1 15 30'.  Before I did that I had
a huge load average all the time.  I've also played with bdflush without any
gain in perfomance.

Thanks,
Magnus