Know anyone?

  • From: Magnus Andersen <Magnus.Andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:19:35 -0400

Hi All,

I am in need of a consultant that is heavy on RedHat Linux real world
experience for an emergency situation.

Here is the situation: I have recently gone live with our production
database on RedHat Linux 3 AS and I am having a few issues.  My biggest
problem right now is that I am seeing spikes in my load average, resulting
in my system slowing down, throughout the day as soon as I have 6 - 7 or
more two tier connections to the database.

Hardware: HP DL 580, 4 3 GHZ CPUs with 512k L1 Cache and 4 MB L2 Cache, HDDs
is in RAID 10 config, all Ultra 320 36 GB 15000RPM.

Thanks in advance,

Magnus Andersen
Systems Administrator / Oracle DBA
Walker & Associates, Inc.