Re: Killed session

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:39:34 -0500

Thanks Bradd,

I will check that.

Mayen

"Bradd Piontek" <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nov 12 2008 12:36 PM
Please respond to
piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx

Mayen Shah/ITS/Lazard@Lazard NYC
cc
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: Killed session

I have seen a very similar issue on  9.2.0.8 , Solaris 8, and it was a bug
that we had to patch for.

Check  metalink Bug #6279479  "Index Rollback taking too long to
complete/hang"  . I'm not sure if this is your issue, but it may be.
Unfortunately, the only way we had of clearing it was to shutdown the
database.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your
        direction."
 -- William Feather

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 8:24 AM, <Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Listers,

Oracle 9.2.0.8 on Solaris 9

In one of my production database session was long running.  Session was
killed last night. Since then session is marked as KILLED in v$session.
This killed session is holding locks on few tables and causing further
problems.

USED_UBLK in v$transaction is constant at 287 since late last night.

I identified unix process and killed at os level two hours ago, still
session would not go away. (os process is gone already)

What else should I be looking at? How do I get rid of KILLED session?

I do not have luxury to recycle database.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mayen