RE: Keep pool

  • From: "George Leonard" <leonarge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:08:11 +0200

hi there
firstly the database was created as a 8k block size, I have always found
this a very good block size to use.

but I do have some very wide tables and I mean very wide that just ended
up better on a 16K block. so I am using /oracle9 feature of mutiple
block sizes depended on data requirements.

George

George Leonard
Oracle Database Administrator
Dimension Data (Pty) Ltd
(Reg. No. 1987/006597/07)
Tel: (+27 11) 575 0573
Fax: (+27 11) 576 0573
E-mail:george.leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:   http://www.didata.co.za <http://www.didata.co.za/>

You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a
Person
You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity!
Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk,
Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!