RE: KCL gc element parent latch

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rajesh.Rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:25:00 -0800 (PST)

> All I gathered is that wait has been removed in 11g.

Raj,

You mean the *latch* has been removed in 11g? I think it's just renamed
to "gc element" in 11g, because it's a latch that has multiple children
and the word "parent" in the name doesn't sound right.

You may find more info about it applicable to your case by getting the
code location from v$latch_misses and Oracle function names from the
server process call stack (OS command pstack, oradebug command
short_stack). Then search the names on MOS.

Yong Huang