RE: Just my opinion - the move of MOS to Flash is still a bunch of crap (let's turn this to a productive effort)

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L Freelists'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:29:09 -0500

How about MIX? You can post ideas and suggestions there, and people can vote
for your suggestions. If we organize a slug of individual enhancement or change
requests and some decent percentage of this list votes for them the vote totals
would be records for MIX. One important thing is to post the idea once and have
it voted for a lot, not many similar postings with a split vote amongst
different wordings.

Unfortunately the biggest single problem with the Flash version is the
unneeded, unwanted, and resource consumptive flashy graphics which contribute
negatively to the experience in addition to making it slower. Sometimes much
slower depending on your device and connection. And it is difficult to dice
that complaint up more specifically than the general observation. I don’t know
whether that tosses me into the “some did not. =)” group.

But documenting any specific features available in the flash version (other
than those eye popping graphical eye candy designs) that are missing from the
non-flash version individually is a great idea.  Likewise concrete example of
specific changes. If MIX is not palatable, perhaps someone can make an
alternative suggestion.

Thanks Charles! And thanks Jared. Some rants are worthwhile.

mwf